SEO is the bedrock of internet marketing. If you intend to increase traffic to your website and get conversions, you need SEO. SEO is a time consuming process and it is not a do-and-forget job. To see results from optimization, you need to do it consistently. This is why some companies decide to outsource SEO to a professional agency.
In this article, let me share with you some of the things you can expect from a professional SEO service:
1. Website auditing. Before an agency can start optimizing your website, they will audit your website to identify existing problems and current SEO strategy. After the audit, they should point out the areas that need to be addressed. Some agencies will also study what your competitors did so as to give you an edge over them.
2. Search engine friendly web design. In order for a SEO campaign to be effective, the web design must be search engine friendly. Therefore, the agency should analyze the design of your site and recommend a revamp if it is deem unsuitable for optimization.
3. Onsite optimization. Once your website is ready for optimization, the agency will place important keywords on every page of your website. Keywords will be placed in important areas of a page, such as Title, Meta, H1 and Alt tags. The keywords should be relevant to the content of the page.
4. Content creation. The content of your website is the key to SEO success. As your SEO strategy is focused on certain keywords to rank highly on, the agency will make sure your website focuses on these keywords properly in the content. The content should be relevant for both human and search engines.
5. Link building campaign. Once they finish with onsite optimization, they should develop a linking strategy to build back links to your site. In order to obtain high page rankings, you need an efficient and effective link building campaign. Some link building strategies are: article marketing, commenting on blogs, directory submission, forum posting, social book marking, etc.
6. Result monitoring and report generation. The agency should track the results of the SEO campaign to ensure that everything is heading towards the right track. They will track the rankings of some important keywords, the percentage increased in overall organic traffic and conversions. Every month, they should generate a report for you.
By hiring a SEO agency to optimize your website, you can save a lot of time and do the things that you do best to grow the business.